20 Pearls Foundation, Inc. of the Lambda Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. awards high school female students in Newport News Public Schools and York County School District an opportunity to apply for a scholarship in the amount of $2000.
GENERAL SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA
- Must be a female high school senior.
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale.
- Plan to attend an institution of higher learning (college, technical school, community college, etc.)
- Complete the application form.
- Submit an official high school transcript.
- Submit two letters of recommendation, with one letter from a person at your high school.
- Submit photo identification.
- Write a minimum 200-word essay on “How My Chosen Career Will Positively Impact My Community.”
- Only completed applications postmarked by the deadline will be considered.
Completed packets must be postmarked by June 2, 2020. Mail completed packet to:
20 Pearls Foundation
P.O. Box 120524
Newport News, Virginia 23612
Attention: Scholarship Committee